Worst dressed at the VMAs

14:57

Hey guys,
Recently the VMAs (Video Music Awards) graced our TV screens; now I am not a big fan of the VMAs sometimes I feel like the show just screams: same shit different day. Everyone tries to be "cool" and "controversial" and it just becomes boring But when it was announced that Beyonce had won the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award and would be performing I just knew that I just had to watch it. (SPOILER ALERT: BEYONCE SLAYED THE VMAs- and I mean she literally killed it we're talking about machete,  Friday the 13th killin' it).

So with every award show comes the red carpet and with the red carpet comes dresses. One good thing about the VMAs is that it has allowed me to address a problem I have with this blog.  I'm too nice. I'm just going to say it I'm just too damn nice. So I decided to sharpen my claws and present to you:

Worst dressed at the VMAs (in order of course)


                                                         5.     Iggy Azalea

Iggy Azalea

Oh Iggy, you were on my best dressed list! I had such high expectations but they just came crashing down. This dress is just too glitzy and it makes Iggy look disproportionate and her hips look much wider than they actually are. The material is puckering against her hips and it looks like she is going to cause the dress to burst. I hate the way the dress has a cage detail I feel that it is so necessary; with all the silver there was no need for extra flesh on show.

                      4.     Kim Kardashian                          
    Kim Kardashian

Now Kim Kardashian is not really my style icon. I respect her for how she is able to dress her body and still look good but I can't really see myself pulling off some of her looks. This being one of them; I hate the poncho style of this dress. I did really like the pattern and the colours as I thought they just screamed autumn but again I would've liked the pattern in a poncho cape or table runner. But there was just too much flesh on show and I also I didn't like her hair. If it was slicked back it would have made the dress more fashion rather than sex icon bombshell.  Lets be honest no one was listening to her while she was presenting her award we were focused on something else, literally everytime I looked at the screen it hit me in the face. WE'RE NOT ALL KANYE, KIM!

   3.     Ariana Grande

                     Ariana Grande

I love Ariana Grande's music and you can't argue with that whistle register voice. However the same can't be said for this dress. Leather is such a tricky material and it can go from high fashion to dominatrix in a couple of seconds. I am a much bigger fan of coloured leather as I feel like it adds a bit more excitement to an outfit. However the thigh high leather boots and the moschino belt is just a no for me and it isn't helped by the baby face. Ariana Grande either dresses like a three year old or a fifty five year old cougar. I wish she would find a happy medium; here's hoping.

                                                    2.     Katy Perry and Riff Raff

                          Riff Raff and Katy Perry   

*ALERT, ALERT DENIM OVERDRIVE. SYSTEM SHUTTING DOOOOOOWN* I know this was supposed to a sort of tribute to Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. I know it was supposed to be funny and ironic. But to me it is all sorts of wrong. Everything is wrong, there are too many dimantes , too much denim too much everything. The dress is made out of patches of denim and even though I do like the patchwork look on jeans but here it just doesn't work. I just noticed the denim collar. I think I'm going to cry.

                                                          1.     Amber Rose

                 Worst Flashback: Amber Rose.

I really debated whether to put this outfit  series of strings into the countdown because what can I talk about? There is nothing to describe. She should have saved this for her and Wiz Khalifa we did not need to see this. I appreciate the risk taking but come on? Really?


I hope you've enjoyed my countdown and it was fun to get my claws out for once. If you would like a best dressed I would be more than happy to oblige or an Emmys countdown (BREAKING BAD KICKED ASS- YAAAAASSS). One other thing I have recently signed up to Bloglovin' so please if you would like hit the button and chose to follow me.

I hope you've had a good summer even though it is nearly finished #sadface (that was ironic I swear)
Much love

Michele
X

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12693579/?claim=rmrzvbsfr5y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

    

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts