Music Mondays #3

15:04

Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay I was in Turkey for 2 weeks and only had intermittent (bad) wi-fi. I'm so glad that I'm back now; after the news about IS and the violence that has interrupted in Istanbul an absolutely beautiful city that I hope does not end up like Kabul. But lets avoid the violence for a minute and focus on the music.

1. All Eyes on You- Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown

Chris Brown is third wheelin' so hard on this track. But I love this song although Meek Mill still raps as if his microphone is not working and needs to allow deaf people on the other side of the world to hear him. But Nicki and Meek really bounce well off each other and Nicki Minaj overshadows everyone on the track. A personal favourite lyric line of mine is " Now it's all eyes on you and this all lies on trust." Classic.




2. We Don't Have to Take our Clothes Off- Ella Eyre

This version of the 80's classic by Jermaine Stewart is stunning. I love the simplistic instrumental consisting of strings, piano and the raspiness of Eyre's voice. You may have heard this version of BGT by Calum Scott.and when I initially heard it I was like: "WOW! This guy is so clever, look at this amazing arrangement that he came up with all by himself." But then after a quick Google swizzle I found out it was actually by Ella. But anway I love this song and pretend to be all emotional and shit



3. Tink- Million

If you don't know who Tink is ,who are you? She is an amazing artist who has kind of Lauryn Hill vibes. She was discovered by Timbaland (credited for basically propelling Aaliyah to stardom). You may recognise her song Treat me Like Somebody, Kylie Jenner featured that song in a lot of vines and snapchats. But I found this song through a Youtube cover from AsiaLovesMusiq who is AMAZING. Definitely check out her Loyal cover moxed with No Scrubs and Main Chick. It's as crazy as it sounds. Anway this song will make you want to sing/rap. The whole thang.




4. Cool for the Summer- Demi Lovata

I feel like this is a controversial choice. Do I like this song? Yes. Do I think it will any awards? No. But lets be honest I put Tulisa's fucking song on my list, so I have no shame anyway. This song with the pulsing beats and suggestive lyrics are 4 million miles away from Skyscraper. But it's a great song for summer.  I mean summer is in the bloody name; it's meant to be.
If you haven't seen the video be warned it's quite raunchy. She doesn't have sex or anything but still. But it's nice to see her so happy with her body that she can wear a cut out leotard thing. (I thing would collapse if I just touched it)



5. Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend

Listening to this right now and I feel like dancing. This song is so MJ. It's pretty dark in a typical The Weekend fashion.  Apparently it's about cocaine it doesn't sound too far from his usual lyrical content- but this song is too good to ignore.
Turn it up and zone out.




I hope you guys liked this and comment any songs you've been liking this summer. I really want to move out the realm of Beyoncé (Jk, Jk but hey a girl has got to try)
Much love
Michele
X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts