Music Mondays #1

12:18

Hey guys,

I thought I would start a series about tracks that I think that you would if you would give it a listen. These tracks are normally songs I listen to while I blog or work. Sometimes they make me cry and sometimes they make me feel like Beyonce (jokes I feel like Beyonce all the time) . You can expect a range of music (bar rock- something that I find really hard to get into). I hope to make this a series and not just because of the cool alliterative title but also so I can show you what I listen to and hopefully I can get some recommendations from you guys. But anyway here we go:

1. Keep it movin'- Yazz and Serayah Mcneil
I'm going to apologise in advance this first music post is going to be heavily geared toward Empire the new smash hit, King Lear-esque show that has recently started airing in the UK. After my A-level had ended (Thursday) there was only one thing I wanted to watch which was Empire and it's so good. I couldn't be bothered to go the same pace as the UK (currently on episode 6) so I speeded ahead and I am now on episode 10. The fashion is fierce and the music is so good. Not to mention Taraji P Henson who plays Cookie and slays my whole existence. Anyway all the music on the show is original and produced by Timbaland. This particular song just makes me want to dance all night long I defy you not to do the same,





2. Drip Drop- Yazz and Serayah Mcneil
*Looks away in shame because I picked another song from Empire*. Man this boy, this song it just works. Does anyone remember Ricky from Geordie Shore I swear he had a catchphrase exactly like that- but he was a proper bell-end. Something which this song is not. The beat makes me feel all gangster, like I could make it rain in the club with my £4 an hour job and cat.



3. What is Love- V Bozeman
I promise you the last song from Empire- don't kill me. This song is so different from most of the songs on Empire. It's heart achingly beautiful with so much soul and V Bozeman is just stunning. Seeing the emotion she puts just in the video makes me all teary eyed. Excuse me for a minute I have something in my eyes, it's allergies.




4. The Hills- The Weekend
The video for this dropped last week and it is a show and a half. This song is reportedly about The Weekend and his relationship with Ariana Grande while she was dating Big Sean. The drama! I feel like we're in a playground. But relationships aside this song is a really good look inside the mind of The Weekend. He is well known for being a prolific drug user and this song is able to see into his crazy and chaotic world.




5. Nobody Love- Tori Kelly
I love,love,love,love Tori Kelly. I first found her on Youtube when I listened to her 'Thinking about You' cover originally by Frank Ocean and I couldn't stop playing it. I have been following Tori's career for a while and bought her EP but I was waiting for her to become mainstream and have a breakout hit and I think that this may be it. It's so catchy and fun. Pretty sure I'm going to be playing this all summer.



I hope you enjoy this new series. I have placed them into a playlist on Youtube that you can easily find as it is the same name as this series. I will update the playlist each week.

Please place any recommendations in the comments- I want to hear them! There is only so much Empire a girl can listen to (jokes, probably going to be listening to the soundtrack until I die)

Much love
Michele
X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts