Music Mondays #2

12:57

Hey guys,
Another installment of Music Mondays. I think this week is definetly a throwback of sorts. I have had such a shitty week; it feels like everything is going wrong so I guess I tried to seek solace in old tracks that I knew would make me happy. Sorry you to bring you down but you let me bring you right back up (without the aid of a chair lift) through the tracks you need to listen to:

1. Explode- Cover Drive ft. Dappy



Oh the days when Dappy was relevant. I remember in year 7 when this band was the actual shit. Does anyone remember 'Lick Ya Down'. I used to sing it like I was a Jamaican pop star; obviously I don't do that now. No way I am way too mature. Plus the lead singer reminds me of Rihanna so much.


2. Sight of You - Tulisa


DON'T JUDGE ME. DON'T JUDGE ME. Trust me I hated Tulisa on the X-Factor she was a super boring judge with nothing to say except for the fact that certain acts were 'urban' therefore 'right up her street'. Furthermore her album was on the whole shite except for this song. I love the wannabe ghetto thug life video. I love the angry guy who looks like he could rip your heart out but when he starts crying looks like he could knit rabbits sweaters in his downtime. I just love everything about it.


3. Hey Mama- David Guetta, Nicki Minaj and Afrojack


Nicki Minaj is one of my favourite rap artists. Her style suits her body and I love the message that she gives to her fans. When I went to see her throughout the concert (at least 4 times) she told us to stay in school and get an education. Also I am happy to see that Minaj is able to champion herself as a boss who is sexually provocative. Why should people have to pick one or the other? But anyway this song just screams summer to me, it's fun and I love the rap. Plus the video has a whiff of Mad Max; Fury Road to it. Does it not.


4. Bitch I'm Madonna- Madonna


Controversial choice I know. This song is not for everyone but it is a grower. I thought it was crap the first time I heard it but suddenly the beat just took over and I couldn't stop listening. But I'm not going to sugar coat it even though there were celebrity cameos: Beyonce, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Alexander Wang, Diplo, Rita Ora (so desperate she probably would be in a video of me in a field). They were way too short to compete with the masterpiece of 'Bad Blood.' But credit where credit is due the song is amazing.

5. Going Nowhere- Little Mix


Little Mix are so underrated it hurts. Their last album 'Salute' was so good and I wish it did much better than it actually did. It should've blown up but anyway life is a cruel mistress. This song is an oldie but a goldie from their debut album 'DNA'. If you really want a treat listen to the acoustic version at SiriusXM. AM-A-ZING.

That wraps this week up. I hope you enjoy this posts as much as I like writing them. In a couple of days I'll be going on a Biology field trip even though I won't be taking outfit posts (who wants to see me in a wellington boots looking like a drug addicted rat). But rather I'll provide a feast for the eyes through the scenic pictures I'll be taking.

Much love
Michele
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts