Music Mondays #4

09:17

Hey guys,

I'm back and ready to do another 'Music Monday'- even though there has been a bit of a gap due to overall laziness and freaking A-Levels. I am ready for my time in the spotlight so be ready for a fun filled music palooza. ( I had to google how to spell that and believe it or not it started off as 'polloza' in my mind)

1. M.I.L.F. $ - Fergie

         


I know. I know. I'm an idiot. Initially I thought this was the worst song ever but after I heard it a couple of times I now love it. I have the worst taste in the world- I mean I think that depending on the strength of other films that 'Just Go With It' with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston may have a shot at the Oscars. Let me also point out that it has a score of 6.4 on IMDB. Fuck
But, but,but it has Ciara, Chrissy Teigen and freaking Kim Kardashian so I think that it's allowed. This video is going to age so badly, image watching this 30 years from now and thinking "what the actual fuck is a selfie." Oh well for the minute this song is giving me my utter life.


2. Ain't Your Mama - Jennifer Lopez

          

JLo is all types of goal and I'm not just saying that because I've watched 'The Wedding Planner' and 'Maid in Manhattan' back to back type. Coming to think of it, even these two films would provide hearty competition at next year's Oscars. (Just kidding). I love the feminist message in this song and the easy chant- like lyrics have given me plenty of ammunition to yell at unsuspecting people walking down my street.

YASSSS to JLO in that 80s purple suit
YASSSS to JLO in that Rosie the Riveter style denim number
YASSSS to JLO in those freakin' Manolo Blahnik x Rihanna boots which is topped with that choreo giving me all the life that I need.


3. Into You - Ariana Grande

           

 As a person I don't actually think that I'm really into the Grande. I mean licking doughnuts and then putting them back onto a tray doesn't really put you into my top ten list of people. But this song is amazing as is her entire album 'Dangerous Woman.' The pulsating beats topped with Ari's dulcet tones allows this song to be really belong to Ariana making the thought of this song going to anyone else difficult to fathom. Plus having Don Benjamin from America's Next Top Model doesn't hurt either. (Follow the link- you'll thank me later)


4. Family Affair- Mary J Blige

           

Golden Oldie right here. I was recently on holiday in Aberdeen and the lodges had a music system on the TV where you could browse various genres and it was in the R&B section that I re-discovered this lost gem. Mary J Blige's vocal completely slay me  and make me want to get down in this dancery. (Please get the reference otherwise I'm going to look crazy)


5. All In My Head (Flex) - Fifth Harmony ft Fetty Wap

        

NORMANI AND DINAH JANE - what did we do to deserve you. I recently purchased 7/27 and it is one of my favourite albums of the year. This song in particular never fails to hype me up and I'm currently looking to buy tickets to the 7/27 world tour in Birmingham. But until then I'm going to be blasting this song and pretending I am far, far away from the sleeping bag currently on my floor and the cat meowing in my face.


6. BONUS SONG!!! Water Under The Bridge- Adele


       


 And because I am so giving and just want to help the people- I have included a final song from a really small and indie artist that I'm pretty sure that most of you don't know about. I am going to be a villain here and say I didn't love 25 in the same way that I loved 21. Although I loved certain songs such as 'All I Ask' and 'Remedy' in the end it just wasn't 21. But this is one of the albums highlight and I can only imagine how great it would be to see this gem live.




https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQmxHltSp2P6rRTPhiQvFne2kc4RQWUtr

Follow this link for the Music Monday playlist from this week and previous weeks.

Michele
X




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts